Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Michael turns 3!

I use to hear my friends say all the time, "I can't believe my child...". Well, yesterday I was the one actually thinking it. I can't believe Michael is 3 years old!  I have to be honest that I was very sappy and kind of emotional that day- it doesn't help I'm pregnant too- anyway- I kept looking at him and thinking to myself that I couldn't believe it's been 3 years.
My how our lives have changed. No more lazy Saturday mornings in bed, no more hopping the car to just go a few places, no more "hey lets go away for the weekend", no more anything :)

Oh but the blessings those things have been replaced with:
Saturday mornings watching Tom & Jerry in bed
Cooking his favorite breakfast: shaw-sage, french-toast, bacon and pancakes!
Hearing his sweet little voice around the house
Teaching him what it means to have a happy heart.

The list could go on and on, I never could have imagined what a blessing it would be to be a mommy. And each year I'm reminded of the easy pregnancy I had, the excitement of his birth, how he taught both of us to be more selfless. Words cannot express how grateful I am that the Lord's blessed us with another fun-filled year with Michael.

Here he is with daddy playing with one of his new toys- building a "Rite-Aid" for his trains to go to!





2 comments:

.:Heather:. said...

Happy Birthday Michael!!! :)

What a sweet boy!

The Parsons' blog said...

Happy Birthday! He's so cute and I love reading about what he does and says. Ava will be one on Friday and Stella six in a couple weeks. I cry when I think about it... and I'm not pregnant. They really do grow up so fast.