One tradition we do each year is go to Nana and Papa's to decorate the Christmas tree, eat cinnamon rolls and listen to Phillip recite scenes from Home Alone :) The original Loya 5 have obviously been doing this their entire lives. The added Loya clan members have been doing this for 8+ years. What a fun tradition it is.
This year was Samuel's 1st tree decorating experience, Bailey's 2nd, Michael & Benjamin's 3rd and Allyson's 6th! Now here's a fun thought to wrap your brain around. This time next year, Lord willing, this will be the age breakdown of all 7, yes 7 grandchildren:
Ally- 7 yrs
Benjamin- 4 yrs
Michael- 4 yrs
Bailey- 2 yrs
Samuel- 1 yr
Baby Wagner- 6 months
Baby Sophia :)- 5 months
That's right folks- 6 children under the age of 4, and 4 children under the age of 2! If that doesn't make your head hurt I don't know what will. But I have a secret to share- I get SO excited at the thought of adding babies to our growing family, both immediate and extended. If Phil would let me, I'd have at least 2 more (not so close together OBVIOUSLY), but none the less, I love it :) There's just something about big families that make me smile. Anyways- I digress...
Lindsay usually gets stuck decorating the tree because we're all headed in different directions after the children. But this year was a little different, Ally and Benny were very excited to decorate. Michael was too, until Papa spoke those magical words (you'll see these in a minute)... isn't Lindsay's baby bump SO stinkin' cute :) She finds out in a week whether it's a boy or a girl (we're hoping for a girl!)
Ivan and Benny wrestling like they usually do.
Mikey, "Mommy can you make my favorites again?"
Me, "Your favorite what Michael?"
Mikey, "Dhose favorites that Nana made me and Daddy."
Me, "You mean cinnamon rolls?"
Mikey, "Yeah, I like dhose"
Me, "Mommy doesn't make those Mikey, only Nana can"
Mikey, "Call her mom"

No comments:
Post a Comment