Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Jammies!

For some reason I woke up this morning around 6:30am, probably because I still have things to do today.  There's a roast to bake, appetizers to create, grocery shopping to be done, laundry STILL coming out my ears, etc etc.  I'm finding more and more that my tasks as a mommy and housewife are never EVER complete.  So I roll out of bed around 7am to discover Michael's bedroom door open.  I walk downstairs to find him laying next to the Christmas tree. Not sure how long he's been there.  Of course the first thing he asks me,
"Mommy is today Jesus' birthday?" half yawning
"One more day Mikey, but today IS Christmas Eve" 
I run through today's events with him- he likes to know the plans for the day (such the oldest child!).  And he tells me he's going to lay in bed- he's still a little sleepy :)

I treasure so many things about Christmas- being with family, giving gifts, seeing the excitement in my child's eyes (Samuel's not there just yet-he's excited every morning!)  I especially love the Christmas jammies- I started buying them from Disney (are there really any cuter ones?) when Michael was a baby. Since then it's sort of a family tradition to get all the cousins matching jammies they wear to my in-laws Christmas morning.  They are so cute!  I'd have pictures of Samuel- but being the good baby he is- he won't be awake for about another 1/2 hour or so.  
So here are this year's Christmas jammies- here's Mikey after he laid back down for all of 20 minutes. :)  Merry almost Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Allison said...

We do Christmas jammies too. The boys have cute blue snowman footie jammies from Children's Place this year. I think we will go back to Carters jammies for next year. I saw such cute ones AFTER I had already bought this years. OH well!

Merry Christmas!!!