Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oh the innocence of it all

So Thursday we were driving home from my friend Karlee's house. I decided to take side streets, which takes us around park hill so that Mikey could look at all the Christmas lights.  We get to the animal park and have this conversation:
"MOMMY- I see baby Jesus in his manger- look over there- He's RIGHT THERE..." mind you he's yelling
"Yep Mikey, there's baby Jesus" I'm trying so hard to giggle quietly
"And those guys mommy and the animals. And baby Jesus is right there" with the biggest smile on his face.

Oh if we, adults, only took God's word as literal like a child does. I mean think about it- God says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you a hope and a future." I mean- He said it so why do we ever worry about anything at all? He already has it perfectly planned for us. 

No comments: