Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

This year it literally took me ALL day to decorate.  Gone are the days of coming home early from work and decorating interrupted for 3 straight hours.  Here's how the day went:

The house is completely clean, which is huge for me right now because I'm so stinkin' out of it. Anyway- the formal living room before, 
My stair case always looks so boring before the decorations are all up:
This is mid-way through.  We stopped for lunch, Michael helped me by pulling EVERYTHING out of the box. Which really drives me nuts because I have a system, oh well, guess I have to be flexible right?  
The funny thing about this is that if Phillip were here- he'd be going CRAZY.  He can't stand messes, and this is quite the mess!  I'm at about the half-way point here so I decided since both the boys were fed and fast asleep, I should catch a little nap :)
I finally finished at about 5pm- just in time for Phillip to walk through the door and enjoy the fruits of my labor.  I just thought this picture was cute so I included it.

See what I mean about the stair case being boring!
Ahh...I love Christmas lights. My favorite thing to do is to sit in front of the Christmas tree with all the main lights off and enjoy the glow of the Christmas lights.
See- much better right?
I have a funny story about the stockings.  So last year I bought us matching stockings, I originally purchased 4. Phillip was VERY adamant that we were done after baby #2.  As I was standing in the check-out line I started thinking.  What if in like 4 years I accidentally get pregnant? Then I'll have to buy all new Christmas stockings- because these won't match!  So I went back, purchased one more just in case :)  Good thing I purchased one more just in case! One more thought I had at 3am the other morning- my stocking holders came in packages of 2, naturally I bought 3 packs.... hmmm.... no, we're done ;)

2 comments:

Allison said...

Your house looks beautiful! I know what you mean about Christmas lights. I love having them on all day and Chris is just like me so I can blame him for turning them on! ;)

Jen said...

I love the little trees at the bottom of the stairs!! And I'm the same way - I love love love turning all the lights off except the Christmas lights - I could just sit there all night in the glow of them, sipping something warm. Ahhhh....and then Makayla screams b/c she wants to nurse. Well, it was a nice thought, right?!