Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Party

This week we kicked off Valentine's Day with an all-day playdate/party with some good friends. Melinda drove up from San Diego, Danelle and Lauren brought their kiddos over for a total of 11. Oh what fun it was!

Danelle brought a cute craft for the kids, Melinda brought cupcakes to decorate and we mostly spent the day eating, talking, laughing and breaking up a few arguments.  Mikey has sort of a love/hate relationship with Kate (who he's seated next to in the 1st picture). Kate is a girl with her own set of rules and opinions- Mikey loves when she comes over- but hates that she won't listen to him :)  He'll one day need a very easy-going, go with the flow kind of girl.  In the meantime- they'll be good friends.

I was completely exhausted by the time everyone left after dinner- just ask Phillip- I crawled in bed around 8pm! I can't wait to have my energy back :)


Kate saying thank-you to Mikey for her Valentine's Cards and candy- Michael saying your welcome:


Gotta love sprinkles and cupcakes- they waited all day to do this.  With no naps all day (each of our children nap) we figured we'd wait till the meltdowns began and we could overload them one final time with sugar!




1 comment:

The Parsons' blog said...

I wish there was a way private blogs could be updated when you make a new post! Hey, what I did was keep my old blog for a 'new post update' you could create a new blog and let us know when you update the private one??? Just a thought!