Sleep- is non-existent, I wish I had a huge forklift that could just flip me over in bed. It's like a ten minute event trying to roll over in bed! And I especially love it when I'm JUST about to doze off and Joshua decides it's time to have a party or better yet- I have to pee for the 10th time.
So today was a pretty normal day of hanging out. My sister-in-laws came over, I started having contractions at about Noon- they were 15 minutes apart until I laid down at 2:30pm to try and rest. Then they just stopped. I swear it's like my womb can't make-up her mind...
My mom and sister came over for dinner- an early father's day celebration (which just reminded me that I haven't gotten anything for my father-in-law- guess the hubby will have to go). Anyway- it was a relaxing evening and after they left, I started a mental list of everything I wanted to get done tomorrow.
I went to bed at about 10pm, then woke up at 11pm with contractions. OK- no biggie- tried to fall back asleep and realized they were starting to get a little harder and closer together. So I came downstairs at a little after midnight and sat on the medicine ball and bounced. Meanwhile the hubby is looking at me like- "are we going, are we staying???". Much to my content, he's watching T.V. and leaving me alone :) He's the best hubby EVER.
1am- I tell Phil to try and get some sleep (at least one of us will function tomorrow if I don't go to the hospital). I try to lay down again and my contractions go to every 5 minutes on the dot.
1:45am- might as well get up and get some laundry done right? Then all of the sudden it hits me: I'm having a baby. Random- I know- but suddenly the thought of an infant completely overwhelms me. Samuel can't even walk yet for crying out loud! I mentally scold myself and think- what the H-E double toothpicks was I thinking??? I've never been more sure in my life that Phil's getting a vasectomy. No questions asked- I don't want to be pregnant again- I don't want to have another contractions. I'm done. Finished. Thank-you Lord for making it clear.
3:30am- 2 loads of laundry done, I'm going to try and quietly put them away. I've decided I'll call my mom at 4:30am, it should take her 30 minutes to get here. Then I'll wake up the hubby and we'll go.
UNLESS...my contractions totally stop- which I'm pretty sure ain't happening. So it begins...

No comments:
Post a Comment