Monday, March 31, 2008

We're gonna be fine

I just had a sweet little memory- I remember the first night we brought Michael home. I was scared to DEATH- honestly I kept thinking I was going to be so tired I wouldn't wake up.  Or that a fire would happen and I'd forget he was in the bassinet next to me.  You know- all those crazy thoughts you have as a tired new mommy.  
Well- we went to bed, Michael woke up at 4 am to eat and again at 8 am, things seemed to be going well. After I had nursed him and was going to go back to sleep for a little bit, Phillip woke up and I'll never forget this: he turned to me and said, "See honey we made it through our first night, we're gonna be fine"  with tears in my eyes, I knew he was right.  

No comments: