Saturday, March 22, 2008

Mornings

I love the mornings- especially Saturdays- Michael wakes up really excited because he knows Phillip's staying home.  His favorite thing is a sippy cup with milk and to run in our room and jump on the bed to wake up Phillip.  I usually go downstairs and make coffee while Michael proceeds to jump on Phillip's head, slap his chest and do every other obnoxious thing he can so that daddy wakes up.  This is a special ritual they share.  As much as Phillip complains about Michael cutting into his sleeping in time, deep down inside he loves it. 

This Saturday morning I made pancakes and bacon- their favorite. Somehow this has become tradition, and Michael doesn't follow far behind Phillip when it comes to traditions.  He loves them just as much.  Breakfast together is nice, then they start the toots & burbs slipping out while they both laugh hysterically.  Soon I know that little Samuel will join this fun filled breakfast tradition.  And as much as I roll my eyes, I know one day I'll miss it.  So I smile and ask them both- "what do you say" :)

2 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

This was so sweet! We have a Sat. morning tradition too, Sean makes waffles with the kids, love it. So excited you started a blog, I'll be visiting often! :)

The Parsons' blog said...

I think adding toots and burps to the Saturday morning tradition is a good idea. Yeah Phillia. Sean