Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This got me thinking...

The other day a friend of mine asked me what in the world I was gonna do with 3 boys.  At first I just laughed.  But then the Lord really laid it on my heart to be thinking about that.  So here's what I've been thinking:
-When I found out I was pregnant this time- I VERY much wanted a girl.  But about 4 months in, I guess I sort of had a change of heart. I would have been happy either way, but I don't know that I'd be able to handle the challenges girls bring. Not so much at first- but the later years :) I think the Lord knows me better than I know myself. And honestly- deep down inside I was very happy it was a boy.
-I think the world is in need of Godly men. Actually- I KNOW the world is in need of Godly men. Not that we have some magical power to create them, but the Lord really laid it on my heart to be praying over my children every night. I've tried very hard to make it a nightly habit. Sometimes I linger and my prayers linger with me, sometimes it's short and sweet.  I don't know what the future holds for my 3 boys- but I pray they'll have a saving knowledge of Jesus and they'll love and serve Him whole heartedly. 
- I've realized how important it is to make them a part of my day. If I have the attitude of "I can't get anything done with them around"...I'm the one missing out on a huge blessing.  So yes- errands take much longer, but I remind myself they're learning self-control and contentment in their circumstances ;)  Cleaning- well- it takes all day- but they're learning to be good stewards of what God's blessed them with. 
Lastly- as tired as I am, as much as my back aches, as dirty as my house is... one day they'll be gone.  The thought brings tears to my eyes.  I want to enjoy every last minute of it. 
So what am I going to do with 3 boys- I'm going to have a happy heart about them, I'm going to pray for them and I'm going to cherish each one of them. 

1 comment:

Allison said...

Awww, well said! You are so right! God knows exactly what we can handle and the world SOOOO needs Godly men. Pray hard mama!!!