Monday, November 24, 2008

There is a time for everything

For those of you who don't know, my sister April is going thru a season of weeping, of pain and growing.  About 2 months ago, my brother-in-law Jim went away to Camp Penelton for his upcoming Marine's training.  Unbeknownst to April, this was the first of many lies and many heartaches.  Jim didn't contact her for over two weeks and when he did, he told her that he didn't want to be married to her anymore.  They have 2 children, Ezekiel (3) and Samantha (1yr), a home, and have gone to counseling the past 2 years, etc.  

When my sister told me, a million thoughts came rushing into my mind.  The Lord so sweetly reminded me of Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11-
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: 
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace,
What does the worker gain from this toil? 
I have seen the burden God has laid on men.
He has made everything beautiful in it's time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

I'm posting this to ask anyone who reads our blog to pray for my sister.  I know there are a million thoughts going through her head as well. I know that Satan desires to see her and her family torn apart and suffering. I know that Jim is lost in a dark place of sin and unrepentance. 

But this I also know- the God we pray to cares for us. Our God parted the Red Sea, raised a man from the dead, cured a blind man, closed the mouths of lions and had a man swallowed by a fish! He can most certainly change a man's heart. Pray with confidence, pray with a believing heart that He can do anything-  He makes everything beautiful in it's time.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I will be praying for your sister! As you know, my heart has been aching for Amber who is in a very similar situation. I pray God moves mightily in your sisters life as well as in her husbands.

.:Heather:. said...

praying for April!