Saturday, May 17, 2008

The things kids say

I had a Dr. appointment yesterday, just a quick check-up to measure the baby, take vitals etc. I took Ally with me (my 6 yr. old niece).   We pull into the parking lot of Kaiser and she gets very excited and says,
Ally: "Auntie- this is where Papa makes the money"
Me: "Where he makes the money?" (me thinking in literal terms)
Ally: "Yeah- this is where he makes all his money"
Me: "Oh- you mean where he works?"
Ally: "Yeah- and where he gets his money from"
:)  Yeah Ally- this is where Papa's money comes from alright!
I knew we were in for a fun time at the Drs. office- only it got better, we get in the car to leave and we have this conversation:
Me: "Samuel sounds kinda funny in Auntie's tummy huh?" (referring to the sound of his heartbeat-she had a strange look on her face the whole time we listened to it)
Ally: "Yeah, why does he sound like that?"
Me: "Well, he's swimmin' in a bunch of water in there- so it makes a muffled sound"
Ally: with a VERY concerned look on her face- "Auntie you better not drink any milk- Samuel will be swimming in milk!"
Me- I'm laughing so hard at this point I think I peed my pants a little.
Ally:"or Orange Juice- that would be sick to swim in Auntie"

Gotta love Ally- she always makes Dr. visits more entertaining!  It's off to the beach for us today- since it's supposed to be a nice sweet 99 degrees here today. YUCK!

1 comment:

The Parsons' blog said...

I love that! So sweet!!