Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lazy Days

I don't like days like today- I have about a million and one things to do. Laundry, cleaning out Katie's pool (did I mention in a previous post we have 5 dobie puppies in our garage?) anyway- there's a lot more things that I should be doing.  So today I woke up feeling determined to get my house ready for the weekend (I have a wedding to shoot, if I leave it clean, Phillip does a perfect job of keeping it clean).  So- I check my e-mail while Mikey finished bacon and eggs. Then Mikey wanted to go see the puppies, we sat in the garage- no kidding- for about 45 minutes. 

Our conversation was something like this:
Mikey: See puppies mommy?
Me: I see them.
Mikey: Wanna hold him.
Me: OK- but you have to be careful
Mikey: wanna hold dat one
Me: Ok- be careful Mikey
Mikey: wanna kiss him
Me: Ok- but be sweet with him
Mikey: see puppies mommy?  

And our conversation repeated pretty much the same as above for the remaining 45 minutes.  Next thing I know, it's about 10am and I HAVE to start some laundry since there's shirts I need to iron (which I hate).  I send Mikey outside to play, go upstairs to get laundry, go back downstairs and I can hear Mikey in the garage talking to the puppies. I go in the garage, he's laying next to Katie (who stinks horribly) and has 2 puppies on his lap.  I utter to myself: Lord have mercy, help these little puppies to survive the next 6 weeks.  While this is happening I'm wondering if they make some sort of swing you can attach to the ceiling for babies- that way Samuel will be out of Michael's reach.
 
I get Mikey out of the puppy pool and we play outside (well he plays, I sit while he tells me to "watch this mom") for the next hour or so.  I'm so thankful he enjoys being outside, by this time it's about noon and I'm wondering where in the world the morning went. Oh well, I guess there's tomorrow :)

1 comment:

The Parsons' blog said...

I swear every day is like this for me!! I'm sure Sean comes home and thinks to himself - good grief woman did you do any work today??! I find that when I clean, the house will look like a bomb went off about 10 minutes later....good job security though right?!