Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pregnancy

It's starting. You know. You lay down after a busy day and the baby wakes up. Not the baby fast asleep in the next room, but the baby in your womb. It actually started a few weeks ago, but now it's a nightly occurrence.  I have to admit, it's both my blessing and my curse. :)
I love the miracle of it, there's a sweet little baby boy growing inside of me. I'm nourishing and caring for him and I don't even have to think about it. He (Joshua) reminds me of this every night. When I lay my head down, am completely exhausted, he decides to remind me about this little miracle.  It's bittersweet. It makes me a little sad that he's my last one. In fact, the ironic part is that I actually got very teary eyed when I thought about that...
So that's what I've been up to lately.  Laughing to crying, nesting to exhausted. That whole "you'll get your energy back during the 2nd trimester" thing... it's a big fat lie. But thats the irony of it right? 
Dear Lord Jesus- forgive my flippant heart. 

2 comments:

Allison said...

What a blessing! Cameron used to do that at night too. So much so that it would keep Bryan awake. I was so tired I would sleep right through it. It gave Bryan some time to bond though. He would put his hand on my belly and feel Cameron kick like crazy!

The Parsons' blog said...

That is something I think I'll miss the most about being pregnant, feeling them move inside of you. It truly is a miracle. I hope the Lord gives you great rest before Joshua comes. I love the name Joshua. If Ava were to have been a boy, that name was way high on the list.