I'm pitiful- I know, it's been 5 long weeks since I've posted. We just got back from an awesome time at the beach. One nice long week of waking up to the sound of the ocean and sneaking in some naps here and there. We spent the week in San Diego at Mission Beach. It's this great little beach with a harbor full of boats, parks, beautiful beach, a great boardwalk etc.
Mikey wasn't so sure about the ocean at first- until Papa stood in the waves with him for about 20 minutes. Then- he couldn't get enough of it! He'd wake up in the morning with a whole agenda already planned:
Me- "What do you want to do today Mikey?"
Mikey- "I want, shaw-sage, french toast, bacon, waffles and orange juice. I wanna go down there (pointing to the water), wanna go to the water mommy?"
Me- "Sure Mikey- but you need to eat breakfast first"
Mikey-"Oh... thats right"
I'm such a sucker for boys in rash guards and board shorts. Good thing Phillip has me on a tight leash when it comes to spending money- I could go broke buying Hurley and Quicksilver!
We didn't spend each day at the ocean- we went to the Birch Aquarium one day. It was so cute watching the kids run to each aquarium and saying "Wow" to the strange looking and beautiful fish. We also took a day walking down the beach looking for sea shells and sand dollars. I should say I walked- Mikey ran and Samuel- well he just slept in the Baby Bjorn.
Phillip was able to catch some sweet waves on his boogie board, which unfortunately broke on Thursday afternoon. I was sitting on the balcony of the condo watching him in the waves, then he ate it :) The next thing I knew- he was throwing the boogie board back towards the shore. At first I wasn't sure if he'd re-injured his knee or if his board broke. But when he came walking back onto the shore and threw his boogie board again, I figured it broke. Now I know where Mikey gets his little temper from... :)
Here's some of the pictures from the week:

1 comment:
Ya Philia, catchin' some tubular waves bro! Surfs up dude! Hope you guys are well. Sean
Post a Comment